|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$900-1000 per day + super|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
We’re working with a department of the NSW government and looking for a suitable senior finance and procurement manager to join the team on a part time basis.
Senior Manager Finance & Procurement
The Senior Manager, Finance & Procurement has responsibility for managing all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and procurement for the Commission and responsibility for implementing finance and budgeting controls, procurement, financial reporting and analysis within legislative and budgetary constraints.
The position reports to the Executive Director – Operations & Governance and sits within a small corporate services area in the Commission.
- Manage overall budget and procurement processes for the Commission.
- Advise senior Commission leaders and managers on all aspects of finance and procurement.
- Oversee the Commission’s financial operations and compliance with NSW Government financial management framework.
- Build strategic partnerships with key finance stakeholders across NSW Government
- Prepare financial reports to the Commission’s various committees.
- Oversee delivery of quality financial information and reporting to inform Commission operations.
- Diligent oversight of expenditure of public money against budgets and authorised delegations.
- Meeting the compliance and regulatory reporting requirements within Government context.
- Manage a team of two staff members.
- Oversee the relationship with GovConnect (the Commission’s corporate shared service provider) to ensure all finance services are provided effectively and efficiently.
- Support ad-hoc projects with Operations & Governance team.
- Public sector / NSW Government experience including strong understanding of NSW Government procurement policy and procedures.
- Previous experience in a senior finance manager position.
- People management, stakeholder management, procurement management and project management experience.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated analytical and process improvement skills.
- People management, AP & AR
Budgeting and forecasting, preparation of monthly management reports, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and expense analysis. Preparation of BAS, FBT and Payroll Tax. Management of AP & AR. Liaising with numerous external stakeholders.
Please apply if you fit the criteria and we’ll be in touch if we believe your profile suits what the client is looking for. Alternatively email Magda at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.