|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||12 months ago|
Senior Network Engineer
Sydney - CBD
Supports and assists with the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of large multi-site, multi-vendor MPLS network communication environments.
- Manage and implement network projects.
- Develop detailed requirements for upgrading existing corporate and our client's networks, as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Resolves network communications and operations problems impacting customer or backbone access and performance globally.
- Participates in telecommunications-related initiatives.
- Research and develop innovative solutions around unified network solutions.
- Supports assigned regional projects, which include responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
- Supports Vendor management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Math, or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Three to five years of overall IT experience in the following areas: - Networking, including LAN/WAN - Firewalls - wireless - Security and encryption technologies
- Experience with TCP/IP protocol communications.
- Broad knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio.
- Broad knowledge of Project Management methodology and best practices.
- Knowledge of Network diagnostics, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, MPLS technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self- starter with demonstrated listening skills.
- Serves as a mentor to lower level employees and uses good judgment.
- Limited supervision: work may be reviewed for direction and strategy.
- Supports a 24/7 Global Network.
- May require occasional travel.