|Location:||ACT - Canberra|
|Posted:||9 months ago|
Business Solution Analyst
9-month contract length
Ideal start – 01/07/20
The Solution Analyst will be a member of the business team working with the Information Technology Services team, and will be responsible for contributing to the creation of client and business solutions that will include components of system development, process improvement, organisation change and strategic planning.
The candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical/functional assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements;
- Understand, capture and communicate business direction, challenges, requirements, plan and execute tasks / initiatives
- Participate in solution discussion and evaluate and propose solution approaches
- Ensure that all solutions support business process changes.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between customer and business expectations and current or future ICT capacity.
- Provide a business perspective into the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximise the return on investment.
- Within the agreed enterprise architecture, contribute to the design of technology solutions to assist the business in meeting the business objectives.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Have a strong knowledge of comprehensive contemporary software development practices, application, and systems engineering and good understanding of contemporary supporting infrastructure/platform components.
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
Note: candidates without at least a baseline security clearance will not be shortlisted.
Demonstrate (minimum 5 years) working in a complex government environments to deliver services and solution advice to business subject matters.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity around:
- System analysis
- Business analysis
- Solution definition
- Solution development
- Solution implementation
- System testing
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on having an ability to explain complex problems and solutions in a simple manner.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- IT experience across the full System Development Lifecycle.