|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||Salary is $140k + Super|
|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
What’s On Offer
The role is a key part of the Network Technology Team who are continually shaping and developing how we facilitate and support the core and customer network for our client.
The Network Technology Team are responsible for delivery of high quality, reliable and secured network connectivity for our client. Looking after the Data centre network, Internet environments and core service provider network infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of projects
- Liaise between the customer, stakeholders and infrastructure to provide innovative solutions for our clients Customers (internal and external)
- Support our clients core network, including Datacentre Network, Internet, Office, Service Provider
- Network, Network Monitoring and Security.
- Contributing to procedural documentation and knowledge base as required.
- Mentoring team members.
- Management of Network Infrastructure including Monitoring and Capacity Planning.
- Assist in the deployment of networks to support our client and backend projects
- Improve on proactivity and ensure all of processes are being reviewed to ensure efficiency
- Responding to incoming support incidents in a timely manner.
What you’ve done:
- Extensive experience working on network routing technologies (Static/RIP/OSPF/BGP)
- Extensive experience and knowledge on Avaya/Nortel ERS 8600, 5500 and 4500 series
- Experience working on Firewall and security technologies (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, F5)
- Experience in designing large scale networks
- Experience in multicast network technologies
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with mission critical networks
- Worked with monitoring tools and developed metrics for network availability
- Knowledge of Arista, Cisco and Cumulus networking technologies
- EVPN, VRF, MPLS, NAT, QoS
- VPNs (SSL and IPsec, preferably also with exposure to route-based VPNs, VTIs, GRE, and DMVPN).
And if you’ve got some of this, even better:
- Understanding of Security in Networking
- Knowledge and support of operating systems – Windows / Linux
- Scripting skills
- Network monitoring
- Tertiary degree in computer science/engineering/telecommunications.
- Vendor certifications CCNP / CCIE, F5, Palo Alto etc.
What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
- Customer Driven & Delivery Focused – be an advocate for our customers
- Attention to detail – errors are minimised to deliver accurate outcomes.
- Calm under pressure – can remain focused in times of stress
- Naturally inquisitive – asks questions to ensure understanding
- Confident decision maker – make straightforward decisions and know when to seek backup
- Great communicator – able to get the message across in the best way
- Analytical thinker – can evaluate information and seek a solution
- Team player – support each other to achieve
- Collaboration – can work with multiple stakeholders to deliver a common goal