|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
- Provide specialist Safety Assurance advice for major transport projects
- Work collaboratively within a diverse and high performing engineering team
- Join a dynamic and agile organisation focused on engineering solutions to today's transport challenges.
Our client is a leading global consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
Due to continued growth and a strong project pipeline, we are assisting with the recruitment for a Safety Assurance Manager, on a full-time permanent basis.
In your new role, you will:
- Lead the Systems Safety activity for major rail projects including as the client representative and for the supplier;
- Develop strategies and plans to implement the Safety Assurance activities for a project through all or some project life cycle stages;
- Provide input into the development of tender responses in conjunction with other team members;
- Provide guidance and support on Engineering Safety and Systems Assurance to engineering staff within Ricardo Rail Australia and to client and supplier representatives;
- Represent Safety Assurance concepts and arguments to stakeholders including regulatory, operations and other asset management bodies;
- Prepare assurance arguments and documentation to support configuration change submissions.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience as a Safety Assurance Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking quantitative and qualitative analyses including as Fault Tree Analysis, Goal Structuring Notation (GSN), Event Tree Analysis and ALARP/SFAIRP demonstration;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or providing safety input to hazard identification / risk workshops;
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering life cycle and appropriate models including the Vee lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability in the application of safety-related standards such as AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management Systems, ISO/IEC 61508 Functional Safety of EEPE Safety Related Systems, and EN 50126/ 8/9 Specification and demonstration of RAMS to the design of systems and tools within an operational or project environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of safety responsibilities under Rail Safety National Law and WHS legislation.
Please submit your profile to email@example.com or click apply