Initial contract until 30th September but could lead to longer term opportunities | Working in a busy collaborative team in Local Government | Hybrid working model
- You must have experience working in a high-volume customer service role
- Local Government experience is desirable | Great career progression
- Full time hours | Training provided | Supportive and sociable team
About the company:
You will be working for a council based in the northern inner suburbs. They are a growing and diverse council who encourage a very supportive environment.
You will be working closely with a collaborative supportive team and be provided with 2 weeks of training in the office and will then be given the opportunity to work from home. Equipment will be provided but a reliable internet connection is required.
This is a full-time position, initially contracted until the end of September, but it could be extended beyond that.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Managing high call volumes
- Support the delivery of Council’s rates and waste service charge implementation
- Providing 5* customer service solutions to community members
- Support the Revenue Services team in providing the community with accurate timely information in relation to introduction of rates
- Objection handling
- Updating the council’s internal systems
- Undertake other adhoc duties as directed
You will have the following:
- You will have experience working in a busy customer service team
- Confident managing a busy switch board
- Local Government and rates experience is advantageous
- Confident objection handling
- Be extremely customer service focused
- Possess superior organisational and time management skills
- Be an effective communicator
- You will have intermediate working knowledge of the MS Office suite
- You will be self-motivated & self-reliant
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for a Local Government. You will be working for an innovative and community focussed organisation.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace