|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Opportunity for a project officer to join building projects department in the south eastern suburbs, working with a Local Government authority | Immediate start date, must have white card
- An amazing opportunity to play a key support role in local community supporting city improvement and major projects
- You will be working closely with Project Leads, ideally you will have a knowledge and understanding of building industry and a valid white card
- Initial 3 month contract, close to public transport
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the south eastern suburbs. You will provide support to the building project unit to successfully plan and deliver projects. The council building is close to public transport in the south east.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Be the first point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders and maintain relationships in a professional manner
- Manage diary and appointments for Project Managers
- Preparing agendas, distributing meeting papers and minute taking
- Support the finance functions for the department including purchase orders, invoices and credit card
- Manage the day to day office functions, order stationary, booking rooms and catering requests as required
- Support the departments Customer Service requests ensuring they are actioned within the designates timeframe
- Help to prepare works program, including tasks, time schedules and resource availability to enable project works to be carried out on time within budget
You will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in project support
- White card
- Knowledge and understanding of building projects desirable
- Exceptional time management, high level interpersonal skills and professional discretion is essential
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and analytical ability, in particular accurate spelling, alpha-numeric data entry and qualifying data
- Work effectively and autonomously to specific deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Grow your Local Government knowledge and understanding.
- Work with a Community based organisation and help drive and deliver change.
- Immediate start opportunities.
Please note you will need to obtain a police check and working with children’s check before commencing this role.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.