|Location:||Newstead, Launceston, Tasmania|
|Salary:||$85-105K + Super + $12K Bonus|
|Posted:||15 days ago|
Senior Accountant or Supervisor | Business Advisory
- $85-105k + Super + $12k Bonus
- Advisory work, not compliance
- New and high growth firm
About the Company
Are you a experienced Tax/Business Services Accountant? Do you want to move away from day-to-day compliance work and move into an advisory role? If so, then this new and fast-growing accounting firm based in Newstead are looking for someone like you. Founded in 2016, the Directors of this firm spotted a gap in the market for real business advice. Yes, compliance work is the bread-and-butter stuff but how many accountants were talking to their clients about business life cycles, and how to navigate growth and the cost and pains associated with that? Not many. So, their aim is to be true business partners and cut through the jargon while doing it. Since the first phone call in 2016, they have built a culture they are proud of. It’s a high performing business filled with people who like to have a laugh and not take themselves too seriously, but when providing advice they are deadly serious and do it well. This business is growing fast and that provides fast progression for their people. If you want to get away from compliance, advance your career quickly and earn well while doing it then this could be the perfect job for you.
About the Role
To succeed in this role, you need to have a good understanding of tax compliance work so you can talk the talk when needed, but the bulk of this work will be delegated.
Core responsibilities will include the below. Don’t worry if you’ve not done everything here, the willingness to learn and get stuck in is more important.
- Advise and support on each stage of the business lifecycle.
- Tax planning and cash flow planning.
- Business growth and progression planning.
- Tax minimisation strategies.
- Industry analysis and benchmarking.
- Reporting on financials.
- CA or CPA Qualified or close to qualifying.
- At least 4 years accounting industry experience.
- A solid grounding in tax compliance, preparation of financial reports and GST and FBT.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An eye for detail and a willingness to constantly learn.
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading salary and a $12k OTE bonus.
- Brand new and modern office.
- Industry leading, cloud-based tech.
- Free tea, coffee and snacks.
- Regular internal and external training.
- Quarterly team events such as BBQ’s, days out and lunches at some of Brisbane’s best restaurants..
- 25 days annual leave.
- Access to discounted financial and legal advice.
If you think you have the skills and experience for this role and would like to learn more, please apply via this advert, send your CV to email@example.com or connect with me on LinkedIn.