- Newly created contract role with a high likelihood to go permanent
- Work collaboratively with the People & Culture team in a well-supported but busy environment
- You will have knowledge and experience of risk management process in an OH&S context.
About the company
You will be working for a local government authority based in the northern suburbs.
This full-time position is to start ASAP and is initially contracted for 3 months. This is a brand-new role that could turn into a permanent position.
You will be working with a community minded organisation who value their work force and are currently working hybrid. You will work collaboratively with the People & Culture team in a well-supported but busy environment.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Manage Council’s Work Cover claims, WorkCover premium and insurance contract to minimise costs.
- Ensure prompt and effective management of Council’s rehabilitation program and confidential records system.
- Arrange for the effective and timely return to work of injured employees.
- Liaise with managers, employees, insurers and medical practitioners regarding work related injury claims, injury management strategies, medical treatment payment and invoicing.
- Provide advice to team leaders and managers around process and obligations.
- Develop, plan, and implement pro-active injury management and rehabilitation strategies for all aspects of the return-to-work process, not limited to workers’ compensation (non-work-related injuries)
- Assist the business in identifying and implementing injury management policies and procedures, systems, and processes.
- Accurately complete administrative tasks and maintain records associated with all aspects of injury management on Council’s internal injury management system.
- Provide appropriate and collaborative case management of workers’ compensation claims to achieve desired return to work outcomes.
- Actively participate in claim reviews with agent and internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Liaise with injured workers, clients, health professionals, insurance agents, rehabilitation providers, operations/support personnel, legal providers and WHS team as required.
- Adhere to all regulatory, company and client-driven safety policies and procedures.
You will have the following:
- Relevant experience in WorkCover claims management and processing.
- Tertiary Qualifications with some relevant experience and/or substantive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in WorkCover/insurance contract management and administration.
- Demonstrated sound statistical, analytical, and administrative skills.
- Sound knowledge and practical application of the Accident Compensation Act 2004, Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and associated Regulations, Compliance Codes and Australian Standards.
- Knowledge and practical application of the risk management process in an OH&S context.
- Knowledge of workplace OH&S issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written documentation including reports and correspondence etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office software such as Work, Excel, Outlook, Access and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of the workers’ compensation system and rehabilitation process, e.g. legislative requirements and the responsibilities of employers and injured employees.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for a Local Government. You will be working for an innovative and community focussed organisation. Hybrid working model with flexible start times.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace