|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
- Immediate start in a market leading media company
Working in a fast paced dynamic environment that offers solid L&D programmes, rewards success and has fun while they work hard .
We-being and social clubs in which everyone is welcome.
About the Company:
My client is the financial services arm of a leading communications services group who offer advertising, public relations, Branding and marketing infrastructures services.
About the Role:
My client needs three Collections officers on an immediate basis.
The purpose of the Collections Officer role is to manage aged debt and delinquent accounts, assess client trends and build solid relationships with clients to bring in arrears and provide regular Debtors reports to the Opco’s.
The role requires a high level of accuracy, great verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail to ensure that aged debt matters are resolved, managed and addressed at a high standard.
- Enter and allocate payments
- Performing daily collection calls focussing on aged debt
- Performing debtor reconciliations
- Building solid relationships with clients and client service teams (OpCo) to bring in arrears and commit to payment plans
- Processing of insurance claims
- Performing month end preparation and other ad-hoc duties
- Cyclical calendar of deliverables including but not limited to:
- Management of monthly collections / cycles
- Assessment of client trends
- Management of aged debt and delinquent accounts
- Interaction with OpCo client service teams and billers to resolve issues
- Query resolution and engagement with the business to perform these activities
- Appropriate handling of complex payment issues and complaint management
- Prepare and distribute aged debtors reports for client services teams / OpCo as required
- Undertake month end risk management and exception reporting on risk platform
- Conduct regular ledger reviews with OpCo as agreed
- Provide regular commentary / feedback on late paying and problematic accounts to OpCo as required
- Support ad hoc and continuous improvement projects
- 2+ years’ collections experience within a medium to large corporation, ideally having experience working in Media / creative / digital related industries
- Sound experience with large scale ERP systems
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley controls (highly regarded)
- A strong client service approach, quality control is key
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, with a high degree of confidence in MS Excel
- Effective organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable attitude amidst an environment of constant change
- Courteous assertiveness
- Ability and experience in working with and meeting key performance targets
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Pragmatic, practical approach
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to work under pressure and meet key deadlines