|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
A long-term opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join the finance team in a well-known government organisation.
Based in Sydney’s CBD, the Assistant Accountant’s main duties will be to support the Financial Accountant with daily and monthly accounting processes; including reconciliations, maintaining journals and the preparation reports.
- Assist with high volume Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Maintain journals
- High volume Bank reconciliations
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Preparation of month end Balance Sheet reports
- Preparation of month end financial reports & variance analysis
- Preparation of data for fixed assets
- Assisting in auditing processes
- Cash flow forecasting and assisting in budgeting
- Assist in preparation of FBT and tax returns
- Ad-hoc financial support and requests
- 1-3 years’ experience within the NSW government essential
- Be enrolled to complete or currently completing CPA/CA
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP systems
The right candidate will demonstrate:
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Be a team player and demonstrate a good work ethic
- Be a positive individual who fits into our fun work culture
- Is outgoing and aspires to progress in their career
Benefits for the role include:
- A competitive salary
- Opportunities for career progression
- The chance to work with a fantastic team and exciting industry
If you meet the requirements as stated, please apply as soon as possible. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the chance of this role becoming permanent.
Please apply if you’re interested, alternatively email Magda Vilaclara at email@example.com for further questions.