|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$70,000pa + Super|
|Posted:||10 months ago|
“We strive to create an environment that appeals to the very best people in the industry, providing them with an exciting, market-leading and satisfying workplace, and rewarding their performance.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and reliable Field Technician.”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onsite attendance and restoration of service faults
- Onsite installation and maintenance of services at resident’s premises and network infrastructure hubs
- Augmentation of existing FTTP networks to provide additional capacity or capability
- Assist and with the delivery of Headend construction and commissioning
- Help manage the restoration of major network faults, usually through direction of sub-contractors
- QA of construction works undertaken by sub-contractors
- Assist in the ongoing improvement of field work methods and processes
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to achieve expected service delivery outcomes
- Supporting and adhering to all Health, Safety, and Environmental policies.
- Carry out other duties or projects as directed by management
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Certificate III or IV Telecommunications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Telecommunications or relevant industry
You will also possess good verbal communication skills, excellent customer relationship skills, strong problem solving ability, and be medically fit for field work. You will also need hold and maintain a current driver's licence and have a current police clearance (or be willing to undertake this).
Applicants must have experience in telecommunications and be available to for occasional travel as well as being available for after hours and callout work when required.
The successful applicant will already have:
- Open Cabling License with Fibre and Structured cabling Certs
- Construction White Card
- Specialist knowledge of cable and satellite services would be desirable
- MS Office and AutoCAD Viewer literate
- Familiar with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements
- Eligibility to work in Australia