|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
About the company:
You will have the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative business, who put empathises on their employee engagement and service to the community. They are one of Australia’s fastest growing communities. This is a great opportunity to develop your career and get experience working for a Local Government.
The Governance team are fast moving and innovative. You will be working from the council offices in the inner suburbs. This is a full-time position, on-going contract.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Council Meeting Support
- Provide general administration and word processing support to the governance team.
- Provide guidance and advice to users of agenda/ minutes
- Compile Strategic Briefing Session agendas for access by Councilors and Officers.
- Compile Council notice papers, agendas and minutes using agenda/ minutes
- Coordinate and manage the publication, printing and distribution of Council papers and confidential items for Council consideration.
- Maintain and publish policies on the Intranet
- Process applications for community fundraising activities
You will have the following:
- Governance knowledge is essential, preferable at a council level
- High level administrative experience in a governance or local government
- Demonstrated ability to prepare meeting papers, including minute taking
- High level time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and schedule own workload in order to meet regular and tight deadlines
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for a Local Government. You will be working for an innovative and community focused organisation.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
If you have local government experience and this position is not right for you please still get in touch with me directly today as we have numerous other positions – email@example.com
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace