|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
About the company
You will be working for a Local Government authority in the North Eastern suburbs. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate and driven council, giving you the opportunity to broaden your local government experience and knowledge. This role will be split between working from home and in the office – equipment will be provided.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Council Meeting Support
- Provide general administration and word processing support to the governance team
- Provide guidance and advice to users of agenda/ minutes
- Compile Strategic Briefing Session agendas for access by Councillors and Officers
- Compile Council notice papers, agendas and minutes using agenda/ minutes
- Coordinate and manage the publication, printing and distribution of Council papers and confidential items for Council consideration
- Maintain and publish policies on the Intranet using TRIM
- Process applications for community fundraising activities
You will have the following:
- Governance knowledge, preferable at a council level
- InfoCouncil and Microsoft package
- High level administrative experience, preferably in a governance or local government
- Demonstrated ability to prepare meeting papers, including take minutes
- High level time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and schedule own workload in order to meet regular and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act 1989 would be advantageous
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a progressive council who are growing. This role will allow you to grow your local government experience whilst working in a collaborative and well tenured team.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace.