|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$100,000 - $130,000 Base + Super|
|Posted:||11 months ago|
Charterhouse is partnering with is an Australian owned, market leading organisation based in St Leonards. They operate nationwide and continue to grow, going from strength to strength through diversification of service offering and increasing their blue-chip customer base.
This is an initial 12 Month maternity leave contract, which could potentially go longer or even become permanent as the team grows.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible to the Audit Committee and responsible for the review and assessment of the effectiveness of the Company’s risk management systems, processes and internal controls via the performance of financial and operational audits to assist in ensuring the organisation meets its compliance requirements, and manages risks.. Other duties include (but are not limited to):
- Review and maintenance of the Strategic Risk Profile which catalogues material risks both financial and non‐financial.
- Perform risk based audits to ensure that the sufficient controls are in place and operating to mitigate key strategic and other risks.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of business processes rests with the process owners and Internal Audit will perform annual process reviews to understand, verify and update documented business processes, identify controls, and identify any areas of control weakness and/or opportunities for process improvement.
- Perform transaction walkthroughs of key business processes to ensure that processes are being performed as documented.
- Perform testing of key controls on a transaction basis to ensure that controls are operating as documented, effective and sufficient.
- Coordinate the completion and sign-off the Control Self-Assessment Questionnaire by the process owners as part of the year-end financial statement preparation process.
- Provide support and assistance to the external auditors with their statutory audit. Co-ordinate and review substantive testing to assist external audit particularly in the area of tower revenue and ground rent expense
- Recommend in design of controls key operational and financial processes and procedures and monitor the implementation of improvements to simplify the business and ensure compliance risk management systems.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- You will be either working towards or have attained your CA/CPA qualification
- Experience in the execution of end to end Internal Audits to the professional practice standards for Internal Audit issued by Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Process flow charting and MS Office applications
- Risk management Compliance and Governance
If this sounds like the ideal next step for you or you would like more information, then please apply through this advertisement or contact Sam Sweeney (Senior Consultant, Charterhouse Partnership) through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose Charterhouse
Charterhouse Recruitment are an Employer of Choice for our staff and our candidate community. We go the extra mile and we find the best candidates suitable for all of our client’s needs - Charterhouse are committed to diversity and inclusion and we’re a proud employer that champions equal opportunities across Australia. We’re here to help!