|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
- $45-50ph + super (35hrs pw)
- Parramatta location close to station
- 12-mth government contract - with high potential to go perm
About the Company:
Their value lies far beyond water supply, pipes and wastewater services, because water is not just a commodity – water gives life to nature, and is the defining force of Greater Sydney. Water is key to Sydney’s cultural identity. Sydneysiders have a love affair with their harbour, their beaches, their rivers, their waterways. The waterways encapsulate the spirit, the beauty and the life of Sydney.
About the Role:
To support the effective financial management of projects, programmes and portfolios by delivering robust project reporting and accounting. To be achieved by ensuring the integrity of project financial data that facilitates informed investment decision making and management of benefits realisation. You will be joining a team of 5 and reporting directly through to the Manager of Project Accounting.
- Manages the efficient tracking of budgets to actual. Proactively forecasts, manages and tracks costs, including contingencies
- Manages the interrelationships between projects and programs for their respective area of the business, including contingency management
- Knows and can explain project/program objectives, deliverables and benefit profiles, provides valuable insight on financial performance, costs tracking and benefits realisation to key project stakeholders
- Understands and applies the standards and policies for project capitalisation, tracks the values, variances, accruals, and collects costs in a way that facilitates Fixed Assets accounting
- Applies SWC project accounting framework to ensure project costs, contingencies and outcomes are managed and reported in a standardised way – seen as an integral member of the project team
- Able to produce clear, concise and effective reports supporting the identification of deficiencies and communication of recommendations
- Establishes processes to monitor compliance and effectiveness of financial controls in line with the SWC governance methodology.
- Implements process improvements where needed
- Critically evaluates, recommends, designs and implements controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial accounts and reports
- Relevant degree qualification
- CPA/CA qualification or studying towards
- Minimum 4 years experience within Project Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you then please click 'apply' or send across your updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org Any referrals welcome!