|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
About the Company
My client is a market leading financial services organisation based in Sydney CBD. They are investing heavily within their technology team and have grown throughout Covid-19. They are now recruiting for Junior Security analyst / engineer to join their security team on a permanent basis.
Great opportunity for a passionate junior security analyst to grow and be mentored and trained
About the Role
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and management of security technology;
- Implement new security tools, technology and initiatives, undertaking project work as requested
- Day to day maintenance, support, operation and troubleshooting of security technology in conjunction with other teams in IT
- Day to day security operations of the global IT estate; monitoring, vulnerability assessment, scanning, compliance checking, controls validation;
- Definition, collation, automation, maintenance and reporting of security information, metrics and security status;
- Monitoring and analyses of networks, systems, devices and logs for security events, anomalies and information;
- Investigation and resolution of potential security incidents;
- Automate compliance checking of agreed standards, policy and controls;
- Support the Head of Security and Information Security team in the identification and tracking of security risks;
Technical environment: AV, VPN, DLP, WAF, Web Filtering, Log Management; Splunk
About You & Skills
In order to be successful in your application for this position you will need to have 1-3 years professional SOC experience, and/ or a degree in IT; candidates with a degree or master’s in cyber will be favoured
You are willing to learn and grow within security
- Scripting & Automation.
- Relevant operational IT security knowledge and experience;
- Vulnerability assessment, security log & event analysis, security metrics;
- Strong networking skills and knowledge;
- Windows and Linux experience and proficiency;
- Security policy development;
- Incident response;
What's in it for you?
This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading financial services organisation based in Sydney CBD.. Flexible working (mix between WFH and office) and mature working environment where they promote from within.
In order to apply for this role, please submit your application. You MUST be Sydney based and you MUST have full working rights (PR/ Citizen).
If you have any questions prior to your application please feel free to contact me and send me your cv at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated as confidential.