|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Senior Accountant / 2IC
- $130-135k package
- 2IC role in a fast growing and busy office
- 25 days holiday, bonus scheme & free exercise classes
About the Company
With over 120 people working for them nationally, this firm are considered the market leader when it comes to accounting and financial advice for professionals in the medical industry.
Fast growing, they are expanding their Sydney CBD operations and provide close client contact and quick career progression.
This position has been newly created through growth to take workload pressure off the current team. They have taken on more clients than anticipated over the past 3 months and are forecasting to continue this purple patch of new client acquisition.
Aside from the accounting aspect to this role, you will be actively involved in the operational running of the office and acting as office head while the GM is absent.
About the Role
- Prepare Financial Statements and Income Tax Returns for Individuals, Partnerships and Trusts. Tax planning and Div 7a work.
- Undertake a range of development activities to build your experience and expertise
- Act as a technical expert and mentor to more junior accountants in the office
- Work closely with high net-worth clients regarding queries and tax advise
- Business development and firm marketing activities
- Be actively involved in recruitment and talent acquisition
Skills & Experience
- CA or CPA Qualified
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics
- 8+ years’ experience with an accounting firm. Experience with medical clients would be handy but not a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as you will be working directly with clients.
- Prior experience of managing, supporting and motivating staff is a must.
Well known for having a ‘team first’ attitude to working, I am looking for someone who is looking to contribute to a high-energy and vibrant office.
- Collaborative working environment
- Open-plan office
- Activity based working
- Promotion on results, not time at your desk
- Brand new, high-spec office
- Xmas and EOFY Parties and a social calendar of events
- Work from home
- Corporate gym pass
- Free Xmas leave
- Salary sacrifice for CA or CPA membership
- Discounted tax returns for employees and family
- Access to personal/carers leave
- Access to an in-depth L&D program, including an Advanced Diploma of Management