|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
My Client is a multinational, ASX listed integrated property group that manages listed and unlisted property funds on behalf of wholesale, institutional and retail investors.
The key focus of the role is the preparation and provision of monthly business unit expense analysis, forecasts, analysis and insights for the Group’s Executive Committee members across key business functions and divisions as well as to the Finance Leadership Group and other senior stakeholders. As a member of the Group Finance team the role also contributes to the Group’s month-end, year-end and half-year end financial reporting and is responsible for preparing the Trust Group’s taxation compliance and company tax effective accounting.
1. Insight and Analysis
- Provide reporting, analysis and insight in connection with monthly results, including provision of monthly actuals and forecast updates for Executive stakeholders to ensure YTD results are appropriate and understood in the context of forecast and budget.
- Preparation of budgeting and forecasting for designated sectors and executive support business units.
- Contribute to ongoing business improvement and review opportunities in partnership with Executive Committee members and/or the Senior Finance Manager - Group, working collaboratively to analyse opportunities, generate ideas and partner on improvement projects, focusing across costs, revenue and market opportunities.
- Cost analysis, via deep understanding and analysis of key business overheads, against budget and forecasts, analysis and insights
2. Finance Best Practice and systems
- Support the implementation of improved processes and reporting to deliver improved efficiency, control, information, analysis and support to the business, group finance and wider finance. Champion technology and process optimisation across Yardi and CDM
3. Accounting and Reporting
- Responsible for accounting for the Group’s co-investments in property funds (equity accounting and fair value through profit or loss), reporting on results thereof in the consolidated Group management report.
- Manage the Group’s development accounting including liaison with relevant managers and analysts, provision of YTD actual spend and revenue recognition based on project forecasts provided by the development teams.
- Manage the Group’s fixed asset register including accounting for current and completed project spend; liaison with Enterprise (IT project) teams to forecast depreciation for completed and current projects; provision of advice and insights thereof.
- Manage the Group’s $70m cost recoveries from funds including devising optimal recovery methodologies, liaison with relevant stakeholders to obtain Board approvals, and collection of recoveries monthly
- Preparation of monthly, bi-annual (e.g. Questions & Answers document) and adhoc management reporting and commentary
- Responsible for the Trust Group’s annual taxation compliance including preparation of taxation components and income tax returns, CGT calculations and updating tax cost bases. Responsible for the Company’s annual income taxation preparation including tax-effective accounting at month-end, year-end and half-year end; updating forecast thereof throughout the year.