|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
Successful, established Chartered practice with 4 Partners and 25 staff are currently seeking to expand operations resulting in a search for the best in the market to join their team. This firm provides effective tax advice, business services and value-add work to their clients. They pride themselves on their advice and services being genuinely different because they hire unique business advisors and tax accountants. Their clients are not just numbers to them, the service they offer is dedicated and personalised. The career opportunities here are endless for staff and internal promotions are something they focus heavily on. The team are welcoming, supportive & certainly a friendly bunch to work with!
In this role, you will report directly to the Managers and Directors of the company.
Some duties include but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of compliance assignments for clients including income tax returns, business activity statements, fringe benefits tax returns, payroll tax returns and any other state and federal statutory returns.
- Preparation of special purpose and general purpose financial statements.
- Performance of ongoing client accounting assignments both on and off site. This includes bookkeeping, management accounting and KPI reporting.
- Contribute to maintaining best practice work papers by making and implementing suggestions and updating for statutory or profession wide changes.
- Ability to perform reviews of compliance assignments prepared by accountants and graduates, where required.
- Ability to identify commercial, business and tax issues with respect to the completion of the assignments at 1 to 3. This includes knowledge of financial ratios and an ability to interpret these financials based on the knowledge of the client’s business.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Chartered Accountants or CPA qualified (i.e. successful completion of the CA program or CPA equivalent)
- At least five years experience in a public practice firm working on business services and compliance assignments.
- Proficiency in MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks, Word & Excel
- Previous exposure to Division 7A
- Ability to perform research with respect to complex tax and accounting issues
- Ability to understand client business and identify the key risk and success areas for the business.
- Central location – close to public transport
- Bi-annual bonus incentives
- Strong emphasis on development of staff
- International client exposure
- Excellent social culture: EOFY, Melbourne Cup, Christmas Party, Friday drinks & monthly social events
- Diverse client-base
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, then please click on the link attached to this advert!