|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||11 months ago|
As the Senior Design Engineer Protection, you will develop all protection and control concept designs, review of internal protection designs, the review for acceptance of external protection designs for use on the electrical network. The role is responsible for the electrical protection and condition monitoring of company assets.
- Provide authoritative engineering advice on high voltage AC and DC traction power protection system and power system analogues and prepare design briefs for high voltage protection
- Design high voltage protection concepts and review high voltage protection designs produced by external designers
- Assess and recommend approval of high voltage and DC protection equipment for use on the Sydney Trains network;
- Provide technical input to the production and maintenance of related engineering standards and in the preparation of RFT documents;
- Develop commissioning plans and methods for high voltage AC and DC traction power equipment to enable design validation;
- Contribute to high voltage power systems planning and solution development, assess tenders for substation equipment and investigate all major electrical system incidents involving protection;
- Evaluate concessions to standards for proposed protection configurations which do not comply with ASA standards.
To be considered, you will have the following
- Degree in electrical engineering;
- Experience in a relevant engineering discipline within a comparable public or private sector organisation;
- Knowledge of electrical AC and DC protection systems;
- Knowledge of codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines, relevant to power systems engineering;
- Demonstrated experience in Engineering design software; specifically, ETAP.
- Demonstrated experience in AC & DC fault calculations, HV protection design,
- network operation, protection grading studies, and relay setting for AC and DC electrical networks.
- Demonstrated experience in construction and commissioning of HV protection systems and control;
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation and review of protection schematic diagrams
Please submit your profile to email@example.com or click apply