|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
This position is responsible for root cause analysis of major incidents and resolving issues escalated from the Application Support team
- Take ownership of operational live service issues and drive their resolution in order to reduce the number of recurring technical issues
- Managing project enhancements to existing IT enterprise software
- Managing and reviewing problems throughout their life-cycle
- Performing initial triage/investigations to identify the root cause of issues in a context of a broad range of technically complex applications and systems such as software applications, 3rd party software packages (IIS, SQL Server), operating systems and hardware/ infrastructure
- Help implement and support automated deployment pipelines for their application services, based on version-controlled configuration, orchestration tools and automated deployment.
- Analyse, plan and implement improvements to support and business processes · On-board new applications and integrate them into the operations architecture
- Plan, execute and review platform maintenance tasks and deployments between IT and development teams.
To be successful in this role, you should have been in a similar role for at least 2/3 years
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, prioritise conflicting tasks and to coach, engage and work collaboratively with others in a senior role within a support team.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with customer/stakeholders and manage to their expectations.
- 3+ years technical experience in an Application Support/Systems Support role with a solid level of knowledge and experience in:
- VMWare and working in a virtualised, mission-critical environment
- Troubleshooting and support of web and database systems operating on Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft IIS.
- Strong knowledge within Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Windows Powershell scripting.
- ITIL qualifications and understanding
- Experience with deploying and managing applications in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory.
- Experience within the payments/financial services industry
- Exposure to web front end software technologies
To apply for this role click APPLY NOW