|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
- Initial 12-month contract
- Up to $886 a day + super (7.6hr a day – weekly paid)
NSW Government Agency is looking for a Technical Claims Manager with legal experience to join their team. You will manage and oversee a portfolio of sensitive matters (with a focus on historical abuse claims) in consultation with Client Agencies. Resolve claims in a measured approach, balancing the needs of the Agencies and the State, and those of a model litigant acting in a fiscally responsible manner. Maintain a clear oversight of the key performance drivers and deliver a strong customer centric experience.
- Proactively manage, collaborate and communicate all claims from start to finish in line with Service Level Agreement, relevant stakeholders & KPIs.
- Accurately reserve claims based on the information on hand and comply with Treasury and the agencies reserving guidelines.
- Drive strategic resolution of claims in a fair and measured manner.
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate technical standards and processes to drive continuous improvement
- Liaise with Agencies, Client Engagement and Product Development to provide feedback as required, respond to their requirements and to involve them in the claims management process in cases of particular sensitivity.
- Handling the highest value, most sensitive, complex, contentious and strategically important claims caseload in a technically excellent manner to ensure they are appropriately reserved and resolved for optimum outcome.
- Collaborate with, guide and mentor contracted claims manager’s claims team.
- Participate in or lead projects as per business requirements i.e.: portfolio transition, vendor panel tender, refining referral process.
- Monitor, influence and manage claims service performance to ensure control of and reliable prediction of claims cost and frequency.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure that the claims function is aligned to the needs of the Agencies and agreed portfolio target outcomes.
- Strong technical background in both interpretation and application of statute law and precedent within litigated and unlitigated environments
- Successfully handled sensitive and complex losses and gained industry recognition for such for at least five years.
- Familiarity with Model Litigant Policy for Civil Litigation and Guiding Principles for Civil Claims for Child Abuse.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
Please apply by following the link.
For more information, please contact Stuart Jeltsema on email@example.com or 0431 103 255