Opportunity for an experienced administrator to join a Local Government authority based in the south east | Immediate start date, two month contract
- Contribute to a supportive team environment and provide best possible outcomes for the Community
- An understanding of legislation is highly regarded, high level problem solving and decision making essential
- Immediate start | two month contract | close to public transport
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the south east suburbs, providing efficient and effective administration support to the Community Amenity team. To be successful in the role you will be solution focused with high level decision making skills and the ability to manage strict deadlines.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Administrative support including letter writing and managing the departments’ inbox
- Providing excellent customer service – dealing with incoming queries regarding parking, animal, planning and compliance infringements
- Email correspondence
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Assess applications and issue permit consents
- Report writing
- Data entry & filing
You will have the following:
- Previous Local Government experience highly regarded
- A knowledge and understanding of local laws
- Demonstrated experience in previous administration roles
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and analytical ability, in particular accurate spelling, alpha-numeric data entry and qualifying data
- Exceptional time management, high level interpersonal skills and professional discretion is essential
- Grow your Local Government knowledge and understanding.
- Work with a Community based organisation and help drive and deliver change.
- Immediate start opportunities.
Please note you will need to obtain a police check before commencing this role.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.