|Salary:||$70 - $75 per hour|
|Posted:||7 days ago|
- Great CBD Location | Accessible from public transport
- Growth Environment | Solid/ stable team
- Hybrid working model
Working with one of the largest education bodies in Australia located in Melbourne's CBD. Looking for a high-level Emergency Management Officer on a temp basis (38 hours a week) for minimum 6 months with the potential for longer term for the right candidate.
- Receiving reports from schools as first point of contact when there has been .
- Supporting the schools and staff in achieving compliance in line with the company’s Emergency Management Policy.
- To assist schools in the management of the Student Activity Locator (SAL) for the reporting of school excursions both within Australia and overseas.
- To ensure the accurate and timely transmission of emergency warnings and advice from first responders, government departments and other authorities to the Internal staff and other various stakeholders.
- To provide the Secretariat function for the Official Emergency Management Working Party including preparation of minutes, agendas, correspondence and reports.
- To track and report on emergency events on a monthly basis both internally and to the Department of Education and Training.
- Development and maintenance of policies, procedures, resources, internal webpages, etc.
- To provide reporting mechanisms to the MACS Board.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated successful experience within emergency management such as Local, State or Federal Government Emergency Management Officer experience or Emergency Management Policy Officer roles. Will potentially look at Facilities Management background with Emergency experience
- Ideally demonstrated experience in the delivery of emergency management programs across a portfolio including audit functions, training, policy development and communications strategies
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Must be calm under pressure and fast thinking
- Ability to prepare reports, briefings and policy documents,
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including senior personnel in the State
- Manage and report on critical issues.
- Extremely welcoming and inclusive culture
- Challenging role where no two days will be the same
- Opportunity for longer term
- Opportunity to learn and grow in the role
- Hybrid working model and flexibility
- Learning and development programs
If this sounds like please APPLY today!
** Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted **
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.