||about 1 month ago
A growing Superannuation/Investment management firm is looking for an experience accountant to drive their superannuation team. The Investment Management team is responsible for the financial reporting and regulatory reporting and the ABS reports.
The key responsibilities of this role is to help lead the Statutory and regulatory reporting for the Superannuation Fund. It will also include the development and implementation of a robust accounting policy that ensures adherence to regulatory and accounting standard requirements.
- Reviews the superannuation financial reports for accuracy prior to filing with the regulatory agencies.
- Oversees APRA reporting for accuracy prior to filing with the regulatory agency.
- Serves as first point of contact and technical expert for the department by responding to Superannuation inquiries.
- Develops and maintains broad knowledge and awareness of current fund events and regulatory changes that may impact department responsibilities.
- Documents and provide guidance on implementation of various superannuation accounting and reporting policies within the team.
- Demonstrated experience in the Superannuation Administration and Accounting function
- Thorough understanding of statutory and regulatory reporting requirements (of ASIC, APRA, ABS) for superannuation funds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and in-depth understanding of accounting systems, functions, finance and superannuation industry.