- Flexible hybrid working – 3 days in the office & 2 from home | $65 - $74 per hour + super
- Be a true business partner for a portfolio in the council | end-to-end case management experience is a must
- To start ASAP & initially contracted for 3 months– could lead to longer term opportunities
About the company:
This busy Local Government authority based in the southeast suburbs are looking to engage a HR Business Partner. This position is initially contracted for 3 months but has the potential to be extended.
You will be reporting directly in the Head of HR and working alongside 3 other Business Partners. You will be supporting a division of the council with HR enquiries and be the HR specialist. Relationship building skills are key in this position as the portfolio is vast and varied. You will be expected to manage ER cases end-to-end, a strong background in ER is required.
This position is to start ASAP. The organisation operates on a hybrid model, 3 days in the office and 2 from home.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Be a true business partner, partnering with allocated business areas to support them to manage their people throughout the employee life cycle.
- Case manage, investigate, and advise on employee issues and industrial relations matters in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement, Fair Work Agreement, industrial instruments and policies.
- Build relationships with a diverse portfolio of stakeholders and be a proactive HR support
- Manage end-to-end employee relations issues
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and specialised advice given to all levels including senior management on Council Policies and Procedures, the EA and relevant legislation
- Contribute as the business partner to line managers to coach and support people initiatives
- Provide business areas with information, advice, and support in line with our people priorities, policies, and practices.
- Assist with projects in the people and culture team, support change management in the organisation.
- Responsible for the improvement, development and/or implementation of People and Strategy policies and procedures.
You will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or other related field and several years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience in business partnering roles and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Sound understanding of employment law and relevant legislation.
- Sound knowledge and ability to interpret relevant legislation, Enterprise Agreements and HR Policies and Procedures.
- Confidence and experience in complex case management
- Proven experience in interpretation and application of Industrial Instruments.
- Understanding of the legal and political context.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be joining a supportive team in a great location; they are close to public transport. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY with your resume and cover letter, addressed to Alice Rimmer at Charterhouse – email@example.com
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace.