|Salary:||$30-$40 per hour + super|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
- Provide administration support to the delivery of the employment lifecycle events
- Be a part of a dynamic team who like to problem solve collaboratively
- Opportunity to get your foot in the door with a dynamic forward thinking Local Government
About the company
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in Melbourne. The council put emphasis on inclusivity and development. They are a forward-thinking council who really invest in their staff.
You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop by learning from your managers and team around you. You will be a part of an ideas driven team who thrive on collaborative and agile thinking.
This is a full-time role. You will be working from home and will slowly transition into a hybrid model. The contract is initially for 3 months but is likely to be extended further.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide administration support to the delivery of the employment lifecycle events, including but not limited to; payroll, recruitment, performance, training and development, and onboarding activities and ensures a timely and accurate service for clients.
- Undertake tasks relating to Employment Contract administration including pre- employment checks including health assessments, Police Checks, Working with Children (WWC) checks, and Licenses (various).
- Monitor the day-to-day P&C enquiries and prioritise and forward tasks to the relevant HR team members.
- Operate as an effective member of the P&C team and contribute to the achievement of team and unit objectives through achieving set targets.
- Provide support as required across Human Resource Business Partner Projects
You will have the following:
- A post-secondary Human Resource Management qualification is preferred.
- Experience in generalist HR administration.
- Local government experience highly regarded.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and practices.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to research and analyse information and prepare reports for management consideration.
- An understanding of the relevant technology, procedures, and processes.
- An understanding of the goals of the unit in which they work and where appropriate, an appreciation of the goals of the wider organisation.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. The council provide a safe and welcoming environment where you will be encouraged to innovate and embed new ways of working. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.