HR Projects and Policy Advisor
Local Government in the south east | Flexible hybrid working | Initially contracted until April 2024 | You will have previous experience in an HR advisor role and policy writing
- Flexible hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 from home
- To start ASAP & initially contracted until April 2024
- Part-time work arrangement could be considered |$50 per hour + super
About the company
This busy Local Government authority based in the southeast suburbs are looking to engage a HR Advisor. This position is initially contracted until April 2024 & could lead to longer term opportunities. You will be working in the people and culture team, alongside a team of Business Partners.
You will be supporting the HR team with HR related enquiries and will have the opportunity to support with ER cases. The council have numerous projects and HR policies that need updating and this role requires you to support them through it.
The position is to start ASAP. The organisation operates on a hybrid model, typically working 3 days in the office and 2 from home. Part-time work arrangements will be considered for the right person.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Partner with line managers across the organisation to provide specialist HR support and guidance
- Review and update HR policies and frameworks
- Be the main point of contact between the council and external stakeholders to ensure policies are inline with current legislation
- Support leaders with strategic activities such as workforce planning, business planning and team culture development.
- Provide advice to all levels including senior management on Council Policies and Procedures, the EA and relevant legislation.
- Case manage ER / IR issues
- Improvement, development and/or implementation of People and Strategy policies and procedures.
- Support with HR projects as required
You will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or other related field and several years’ experience.
- Experience in either a HR Business Partner or Advisory role
- Sound understanding and proven experience or writing and delivering HR policies
- Sound understanding of employment law and relevant legislation.
- Proven experience in interpretation and application of Industrial Instruments.
- Experience in delivering contemporary, solutions-focused HR initiatives that are
- Understanding of and the ability to research, develop and implement policies, procedures, programs.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be joining a supportive team in a great location; they are close to public transport. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY with your resume and cover letter, addressed to Alice Rimmer at Charterhouse – firstname.lastname@example.org
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.