|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
Charterhouse are currently partnering with a leading group within the property sector in search for an Assistant Accountant for their group head office in Melbourne. This is a newly created position where the successful candidate will be working closely with the Group Accountant, Financial Controller and the group's Chairman to improve workflow and efficiencies with regards to reconciliations, trust accounting, AP and AR. They are looking for an experienced individual with the ability to maintain relationships and apply a broader business acumen and logical attitude to an SME property environment.
Within this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Group Accountant in monthly transactional and reconciliation processes and ensuring quality of support and service provided.
- Maintaining relationships with non-financial and financial stakeholders, including the group's Chairman.
- Maintaining full AP and AR process including data entry, invoice management.
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations and End of Month Reconciliations.
The successful candidate will possess the following within their profile:
- 2-3 years experience in accounting.
- Prior and tangible experience within a similar position that includes Reconciliations, AP, AR and Trust Accounting.
- Experience working in or within a small to medium property company.
- Experience in managing stakeholders and maintaining relationships.
What's On Offer?
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading property organisation.
- Extensive career progression opportunities in a growing office.
- Learning and development opportunities from an experienced Group Accountant and Financial Controller.
- Free access to two gyms, free on site parking and staff discounts.
If this sounds like your next career move then please apply through this page.