|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||10 months ago|
About the Company:
Leading, global manufacturing powerhouse with strong market capitalisation. Australia HQ based here in Sydney.
About the Role:
Assistant Payroll Manager required on a 6 month contract to cover the Payroll Manager whom is being seconded to a payroll automation project. Payrun uses SAP is quite manual hence the nature of the project.
- Lead the payroll function to ensure that all employees are paid correctly, and on-time and payroll transactions are completed in accordance industrial instruments and legislation.
- Manage and motivates a small of 6 including coaching and development of team.
- Manage the preparation of all State and Federal tax obligations including PAYG tax,
- Payroll tax calculations
- Superannuation Guarantee contributions
- Streamline the current payroll processes and procedures
- Review employee payment (termination/redundancy calculations, back payments, overpayments etc) ensuring they are prepared in accordance with industrial instruments and relevant legislation.
- Long service leave calculations
- Apprentice taxes and pay calculations
- Oversee the payroll calendar that all key tasks are completed by the team by the required deadlines.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the executive team, HR, manager, employees and external stakeholders.
- Escalation point for employee/manager queries
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience from on a senior / management capacity and match the below requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Payroll with team management and development experience
- Experience working across multiple sites/agreements
- Industry experience is highly regarded as is experience in the manufacturing, construction and mining industry
- Labour law knowledge is highly desired
- Experience in running large manual payruns with SAP is highly desirable
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leader with exceptional communication skills
- Previous experience within a large complex payroll environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Enterprise agreements, Modern Awards and other state and industry legislation
- Ability to implement and manage processes
- Advanced computer software skills including MS Excel and other accounting / payroll packages. SAP highly desirable
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Economics, Certificate III in Business or Certificate III in Financial Services
To apply please click APPLY NOW. JN-171881