|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
About the company:
You will have the opportunity to work for a progressive council in the inner suburbs. You will be a part of a fast moving, dynamic team. You will be working in the City Works department and working very closely with the engineering department. You will be providing support on matters related to drainage and road works.
This is a full-time position that is contracted until the end of June 2021 but is likely to be extended beyond that. You will have the opportunity to work from the office and from home, equipment will be provided. You will be working in the depot and will be supporting the engineers and wider city works team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide efficient, effective, accurate and timely administrative support to the City Works Branch including correspondence and assisting with monthly reporting on relevant reporting systems
- Responding and assigning customer requests to engineers
- Manage and follow up on general work orders
- Formatting documents
- Organizing training for the wider team
- Organizing meetings and occasionally taking minutes
- General support to the wider team
- Assist in administration functions as required
You will have the following:
- You will have worked for a local government in administrative role or for a construction / engineering company
- Knowledge of drainage, road works, and footpaths would be desirable.
- Excellent proof reading and organizational skills
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks, being able to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- A commitment to excellent customer service and professionalism in an environment of conflicting demands
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work for an award-winning prosperous council. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today. Or if you have worked for a local government previously and are looking for your next opportunity please do get in touch.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace