|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||13 days ago|
About the company
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the south eastern suburbs. The council put emphasis on inclusivity and development.
You will be supporting the EA to the CEO in a busy Governance team. This position is initially 3 months but is likely to lead to a 12 month contract.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide high level assistance to the Office of the CEO and Office of the Mayor, adding immediate value to the services they provide.
- Provide administrative support through diary management, monitoring correspondence and inbound/ outbound emails
- Act as the first point of call for Councilors requests – handling and escalating where appropriate
- Provide a professional, customer centric service to all members and customers of the CEO And Mayor’s office.
- Coordinate meetings, appointments, and events
- Provide first level, draft responses to correspondence and emails.
- Regularly monitor and actioning Customer Service Requests (CSR), HPE CM (electronic document management system) and other Councillor Requests.
You will have the following:
- Previous experience working for a Local Government in an administrative role
- Technology savvy with a willingness to learn new systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment and positively contribute to the culture.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with personal and sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide effective communication at all levels.
- Flexibility in approach to work practices, with the ability to adapt and show initiative in a dynamic and demanding environment
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. The council provide a safe and welcoming environment where you will be encouraged to innovate and embed new ways of working. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.