|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
About the company
You will have the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative business, who put empathises on their employee engagement and service to the community. They are one of Australia’s fastest growing communities. This is a great opportunity to develop your career and get experience working for a Local Government.
You will be joining an inclusive friendly team. This is initially a contract but could lead to on-going work. You will be working from their offices so you must live locally.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide a high level of customer service and business support to all stakeholders.
- Provide information and specialist advice to customers on services provided by the Branch and Council.
- Assist in all areas of the Systems and Business Support Team in the delivery and management of the multi functioned services provided by the Branch.
- Process and issue permits related to the branch.
- Record accurately enquiry details and provide relevant response and/or direct these to the appropriate officer.
- Provide timely information and advice to residents, organisations and individuals on matters relating to the Unit's functions, via phone, email, written correspondence and in person.
You will have the following:
- Worked within a Local Government or compliance driven environment
- Strong administrative and customer service background
- Proven experience in providing effective business support and office management with proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Associated Applications.
- Knowledge or the ability to learn permits issued under Council’s Local Laws and other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks, being able to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
- A commitment to excellent customer service and professionalism in an environment of conflicting demands.
- Proven conflict management skills to assist in dispute resolution.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today. If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.