|Location:||NSW - Regional|
|Salary:||$60-65k + super|
|Posted:||9 months ago|
About the Company:
My client is the financial services arm of a leading communications services group who offer advertising, public relations, Branding and marketing infrastructures services.
About the Role:
Collections officers with immediate start.
The purpose of the Collections Officer role is to manage collection of client payments to agreed terms, assess client trends and build solid relationships with clients to reduce arrears and provide regular Debtors reports to the *Opco’s.
The role requires a self-motivated individual with a high level of accuracy, great verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail to ensure that Accounts Receivable Services are managed and addressed to a high standard.
- Performing daily collection activity by phone and email.
- Provide regular commentary / feedback on late paying and problematic accounts to OpCo as required
- Prepare and distribute aged debtors reports for client services teams / OpCo as required
- Conduct regular ledger reviews with OpCo’s.
- Building solid relationships with clients and client service teams (OpCo) to bring in arrears and commit to payment plans
- Performing month end preparation and other ad-hoc duties
- Performing debtor reconciliations
- Cyclical calendar of deliverables including but not limited to:
- Management of monthly collections / cycles
- Assessment of client trends
- Management of aged debt and delinquent accounts
- Interaction with OpCo client service teams and billers to resolve issues
- Query resolution and engagement with the business to perform these activities
- Appropriate handling of complex payment issues and complaint management
- Undertake month end risk management and exception reporting on risk platform
- Enter and allocate payments to ERP.
- Demonstrate and encourage a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration
- Participate in regular performance conversations
- Attend team and other meetings
- Practice courteous assertiveness with all interactions
- Demonstrate the behaviours expected from the team and customers
- Provide strong emphasis on providing 'needs based' customer service
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and establishing personal networks
- Escalate matters to management as appropriate
*OpCo = operating company; An agency they represent
- 3+ years’ collections experience within a medium to large corporation, ideally having experience working in Media / creative / digital related industries
- Sound experience with large scale ERP systems
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley controls (highly regarded)
- A strong client service approach, quality control is key
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, with a high degree of confidence in MS Excel
- Effective organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable attitude amidst an environment of constant change
- Courteous assertiveness