|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
I have several vacancies for Datawarehouse modellers / developers for a federal gov department.
The initial term of the contract will run until the EOFY, with an option to extend for a further 2 x 12 month stints.
The Microsoft SQL data warehouse modellers and developers will provide services under direction including:
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of a business area through data analysis and engagement and consultation with subject matter experts within business
- Develop highly optimised SQL scripts in ELT scenarios
- Write clear, business meaningful, code documentation that explains the intent and mechanics of scripts
- Follow good programming practices and team programming conventions
- Other related activities as required.
- Skills and proven experience in solving complex SQL problems is paramount. Role requires a code-first approach with proven ability to have an SQL-first, ELT, method to resolve complex business problems. Experience in commercial tools not a high priority as this role will not use tools including ErWIN, SSIS, DataStage etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services. This role will propose, negotiate, and create all the data transformation logic for business. The role will not separate between data modelling and ELT development.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous, yet extremely rapid, environment. Ability to deliver incremental production changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis. Ability to adapt quickly with flexibility to changing demand and priorities.
- SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX
- Advance computer science/software programming skills
- Expertise in Agile methodology and a clear understanding of the ethical implications and governance of algorithms.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the client.