|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||22 days ago|
We’re working closely with several NSW Government organizations who are going from the mergers and restructures. Senior Finance opportunities are on the rise, so if you’re looking for your next role, don’t hesitate to learn more about what’s in store.
Reporting to the CFO, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Management of the finance function and leading the finance team.
- Work with team of Financial Accountants and Management Accountants
- Ensure professional development for each team member
- Maintenance of financial ledgers, asset registers and accounting processes.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts, and month and year end reporting.
- Cash management and treasury including cash budgets and ad-hoc analysis.
- Manage billing and debtors, procurement processes and creditors.
- Financial modelling and analysis.
- Working capital management.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Active in participation and implementation of mergers and acquisitions
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management to perform your role.
The successful Candidate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or similar
- Significant experience within the Government sector
- CA/CPA qualified.
- A successful track record in managing the accounting function of a business.
- Strong skills in financial reporting (including preparation of consolidated financial statements), taxation, board reporting, treasury & cash flow management, budgeting, forecasting and people management.
- High level attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take direction and work autonomously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Be an active member of the management team to grow and develop the business
If you’re looking for your next role or are interested to hear more, please apply directly or contact email@example.com for further information.