|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
About the Company
My client, a distribution company based in South-East suburbs (Mount Waverley), requires an experienced Finance Manager/Accountant to be responsible for day to day, weekly and monthly financial functions including sales reports and inventory . You will be heading up a small finance team of 2 (1 bookkeeper will report to you), and you will report to the Head of Finance of APAC, as well as the GM who is based in Sydney. They are looking for a proactive, independent individual who has the capability of controlling the finance functions of a small - medium sized business within a larger global/group of companies and therefore be able to take responsibility of regular strict corporate reporting duties team upstream.
About the Role (not limited to)
- Preparing for month-end closing, accounting posting / review.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Preparing and monitoring the cash flow forecast
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Preparing and calculating taxes and tax returns
- Supporting/Contributing to SAP implementation project
You will need/have experience with:
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar role to include all of the above duties
- Previous user experience of SAP - essential (will help with implementation project)
- Previous experience within a distribution/import/export or trading industry - desirable
- Effective, clear and confident verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in particular around reports
- Strong ability to prioritise and work to timelines and manage 1 staff member
- Excellent technical skills, using various applications, including intermediate Excel
- Flexible attitude to tasks/duties
- Right to work in Australia
- Safe, diverse and inclusive working environment
- Friendly, and supportive management team
- Work from home options after initial settling in period
- Company Bonus scheme
- Immediate start
- Free Parking
- Successful/globally owned company
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.