|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||6 months ago|
About the company
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the south eastern suburbs. The council put emphasis on inclusivity and development.
This is a contract opportunity with the possibility for extensions. You will be assisting the governance team with related administrative duties.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assist with preparing and publishing Agendas and Minutes for Council Meetings and committees
- Minute taking
- Booking meeting rooms and organising schedules
- Assist with civic event planning
- Maintenance of internal compliance
- Assist with research, developing policy recommendations and responding to internal enquiries
- Liaise with councillors and committee members
- General administrative duties as instructed
- Customer service
You will have the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or lesser formal qualifications with relevant work skills and experience
- Local Government experience is desirable
- Experience working in a governance department or similar compliance role
- Understanding of Local Government governance
- Attention to detail
- .Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- High level of intuition, analytical and research skills
- Excellent communication
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
Please do also get in touch if you have local government experience and are looking for your next opportunity.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace