|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing company as a Payroll and Accounts Payable Officer has arisen. This is a permanent full time opportunity and can offer progression within the company.
- CBD location
- Growing Company
- $70,000 - $75,000 + super
About the role
- Process timely and accurate payroll data on a weekly and fortnightly basis. This will include wages, superannuation, salary sacrifice payments, ETP’s and other payroll deductions.
- Attend to the administration and lodgement of payroll documentation including PAYG, superannuation, payment summaries and other legislative obligations, where relevant.
- Develop and implement key controls and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the payroll process.
- Become a key contact for payroll related queries including assisting in the interpretation and compliance of relevant awards and legislation.
- Investigate software solutions to implement to improve the payroll process.
Accounts Payable duties
- Process and manage payment of suppliers in accordance with payment terms for a number of Australian subsidiaries on a weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis.
- Respond to supplier account queries and resolve any invoice discrepancies in a professional manner.
- Produce monthly AP reconciliation reports and ensure these reconcile to supplier statements if required.
- Assist with month end closing reports and reconciliations.
- Ensure key controls are in place to ensure the integrity of the accounts payable process.
- Develop and implement key processes and controls to improve the efficiency of the accounts payable process.
- Experience working in high volume payroll and accounts payable roles
- Exposure to Xero is desired
- Motivated self-starter with high attention to detail
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Permanent resident or citizen AUS or NZ