|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$60,000 - $80,000 package|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
Senior Accountant or Intermediate Accountant
- $60,000 to $80,000 depending on experience
- 6 Partner firm in the heart of Wollongong
- Flexible working and quick progression for a top performer
About the Company
This leading Wollongong based accounting firm are looking for either an Intermediate or Senior Accountant to join their team ASAP. The role has recently been created through organic growth of the business and quick progression is on offer for the right person.
They are the go-to people for accounting and general financial advice for SME businesses in the Illawarra area and pull in a lot of work through referrals and the strength of their reputation alone.
The culture is fun, supportive, and inclusive. Everyone feels like they are contributing to the success of the firm and the majority of the Senior team are home-grown who are always looking to promote from within wherever possible.
You will work on a wide variety of clients, providing a range of compliance and advisory services to become a true trusted adviser to your clients you will become very hands on with as you settle into the role.
About the Role
You will be acting as the main point of contact for your clients and work closely with Managers and Directors on more complex advisory work. Day to day, your main responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Management Reports and completing Tax Returns for Individuals, Partnerships, Companies and Trusts.
- FBT returns, BAS and IAS submissions.
- Liaising with the ATO and other government agencies.
- Supervise and mentor graduates as they come up through the ranks.
Skills & Experience
- CA or CPA Qualified or Part Qualified
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience in an accounting firm
- Knowledge and use of the MYOB suite of products would be an advantage, but not required as full training will be provided
- Exceptional communications skills, written and verbal
Culture & Benefits
- Collaborative working environment
- Open-plan office
- Activity based working
- Young, high performing office
- Sports and social teams
- Work from home
- Multiple social events – EOFY, Summer and Christmas Parties
- Corporate health insurance and gym rates
- Fully funded CA or CPA studies and membership fees