|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||12 days ago|
Working together with other team members as well as stake holders to ensure that the general ledgers have the correct information so that our stakeholders (ie Stat reporting, Decision Support, Business Performance & Actuarial) can use this information for their reporting/valuation purposes.
- Manage the financial reporting processes for the relevant entities in accordance with the reporting requirements complying with Australian equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards (AIFRS).
- Ensure adherence to Group Accounting policy (impacting statutory, regulatory and management reporting).
- Research and document complex accounting issues
- Ensure issues are communicated and agreed within the business and external auditors
- • Review Fee income by product groups
- • Perform monthly investment income allocations to product across all entities
- Run monthly investment income allocation
- Booking monthly Premium & Claim Accruals
- Commission reasonability check on a monthly basis
- Ad-hoc queries from stakeholders, including the Business Performance, Actuarial & Stat Reporting
- Account Reconciliations for inter-companies, investments, accruals and provisions, suspense accounts ect.
- Provide Stakeholders with explanation for premium, claim & fee income variance analysis
- • Process Improvements
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger data from various sources
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger data for each of the divisions and entities
- Ensure adherence to Group Accounting policy
- Act as a key relationship manager with internal and external auditors
- Manage a team and contribute to the creation of a positive work environment characterised by motivation, productivity, learning and accountability
- Skills/experience required to be successful
- Proven track record in delivering high quality employee and team performance, managing a diverse range of stakeholders, senior internal customers, risks and competing priorities in a complex and fast paced insurance environment.
- Ability to manage both Onshore and Offshore teams
- Thought leadership and subject matter expertise with a demonstrated ability in identifying process weaknesses and implementing change and process improvement. Ability to think both logically and laterally to solve problems
- Cost reporting and management reporting experience. Statutory reporting experience would be advantageous
- Experience in working with ledgers, data warehouses, management information systems and report production
- Experience in producing meaningful analysis to business partners and senior executives
- Ability to manage own time and priorities to meet deadlines as well as achieve results under pressure.
- 5 years and over accounting experience in Financial services/insurance
- Strong financial accounting experience including excellent understanding of accounting standards and accounting principles
- Experience in process/project implementation
- Part/Full Qualified CA/CPA (Or equivalent