|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
The opportunity for an experienced policy officer to work with passionate, innovative and experienced leaders who will demonstrate integrity and support you to develop your expertise and be informed, collaborative and innovative.
About the role:
Under limited direction, and as part of a small team, policy/program officers in the division undertake a range of duties and responsibilities, including:
- Provide high quality policy, administrative, technical and/ or professional advice.
- As a member of a team, develop, implement and evaluate climate change, sustainability and energy policies and/ or programs.
- Prepare and co-ordinate the development of correspondence, advice, reports, legislative instruments, cabinet submissions, presentations and briefings on policy, technical, and/ or program issues.
- Represent the ACT Government at meetings and workshops with community, business, industry and government stakeholders.
- Supervise staff and provide support to the Manager of the Section as required.
- Understand and work within the ACTPS Code of Conduct and ACTPS values of respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and model behavior consistent with the ACTPS Respect, Equity and Diversity framework.
- Maintain records in accordance with the Territory Records Act 2002 and Privacy Principles.
To be successful you will have:
- Ability to develop and implement policies and deliver programs based on sound analysis and evident
- Communication, negotiation, representation and liaison skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively allocate ad prioritize tasks
- Ability to help others, work as part of a team and contribute to positive team culture
- Focus on delivering outcomes for Ministers, stakeholders and customers, as appropriate
- Commitment to the implementation of the principles of workplace diversity, participative work practices, workplace health and safety, and compliance with the requirements of the Territory Records Act 2002
- An interest, knowledge and understanding of client change, sustainability and energy policy issues would be well regarded, but not ess
Culture & benefits
- Great hourly rate
- Ability for longer term work
- Work with a government agency
- world leading, cutting edge innovations
- Flexible workplace
How you can apply?
Please "APPLY" today to be immediately considered or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated with discretion.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.