|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a local government, based in the Western suburbs, for an experienced Senior Town Planner. This government authority, based in the Western suburbs is experiencing growth and as such are looking to recruit a Senior Planner to join their dynamic and busy Planning Team, who have had an influx in workload.
The primary responsibility of the role will be the management of a broad range of strategic planning projects and a team with a particular focus on planning scheme amendments. Projects will include policy, strategy and planning scheme amendments.
Key responsibilities include;
- Implement strategic planning projects as required
- Prepare submissions and reports on behalf of council
- Manage end to end projects - monitoring budgets and time frames on an ongoing basis
- Ensure policies are accurate, up to date and reviewed when necessary
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide technical advice to members of the public and other stakeholders
To be successful in this role you must have;
- Significant experience in statutory or strategic land use and development planning
- Previous experience leading a team
- Tertiary qualifications in urban planning or related disciplines
- Previous local government experience will be advantageous
- Ability to interpret town planning schemes and knowledge of current legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Must hold current valid drivers licence
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to further develop your public sector knowledge and be well remunerated in a supportive environment. Due to the immediate nature of the role, inexperienced candidates will be considered. Please Apply today or for further information email email@example.com or call 03 8610 6103.