|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
Technical Officer | Local Government | Eastern Suburbs
- Immediate start, contracted until end of February 2021
- Play a key role in the development of a Local Government
- Be a part of a growing and vibrant business
About the company:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Local Government in the Eastern suburbs. You will be working for a growing and exciting Local Government authority. You will be able to see the effects of your work and make a difference to the local community. This Local Government is very engaged with its community and are continuously looking to grow and develop.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To process application for new connections to Council drainage systems.
- To assess proposals and applications for works over Council easements and assets.
- To assess adequacy of Developer drainage works against Council requirements.
- To assist in the promotion of the services of the Asset Management department.
- To assist with other asset management related tasks as directed.
You will have the following:
- Qualified Engineer with experience in Drainage Onsite Detention Systems inspection
- Have at least 2 years of experience in Australia.
- Engineering qualification must be recognised in Australia.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer conflict resolution skills
- Some experience in use of GIS systems is desirable.
- Some experience working in a local government, technical or engineering environment is desirable
- Live locally as some travel within the municipality will be required
- Ability to assess planning referrals for new subdivisions
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.