- ASAP start – 30th June 2024
- Pay rate: $52-$57.50 per hour + Super- (dependant on skills and experience)
- Working 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Location: Parramatta Square & WFH (training in the office)
- Reference checks required
This large NSW Government Agency is seeking an experienced Assessment Officer for a temporary contract. Great company culture in a friendly and supportive team.
- Provide advice in response to enquiries from stakeholders including customers, contractors and electricity distributors.
- Provide advice on the principles, processes and obligations of the accreditation scheme; the requirements for accreditation, and guiding and assisting contractors in making applications, and promote contractor access and effective customer choice.
- Process the annual accreditation renewal letters, reminders, processing the receipt of documents and payments and regularly reporting to the Team Leader Assessments regarding reconciliation of fees paid by accredited contractors.
- Provide information and a high-quality front line client service to ASPs and service provider customers contestable service safety and electrical incidents, network service provider accreditation.
- Maintain administrative systems and processes to streamline all accreditation functions and the management of fees, to ensure efficiency, transparency and timeliness in the processing of applications.
- Maintain the accreditation scheme systems of service providers, manage the input of accurate information and assist in the ongoing development of ASP systems
- Contribute to the preparation of advice, briefing papers, correspondence, reports and submissions.
Skills and experience required:
- Proficient understanding in the use of MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in working in a small team
- Prioritising workload and managing competing deadlines
- Personable, easily interacts with all types of personalities and at all levels with a high degree of professionalism
- Able to apply government protocols and administration policies, processes and procedures.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to keeping accurate records and reporting on progress
- Ability to manage vast amounts of information
- Strong attention to detail
- Keeping abreast of industry contestable practices, regulatory changes in relation to the assessment of accreditation applications and renewals.
- Ensuring a high-quality customer advisory service for electricity customers, ASPs, network service providers and enquiries
Key challenges of the role:
- Ensuring accuracy of assessment of applications.
- Working under tight deadlines.
- Operating flexibly in a high workload environment with multiple competing deadlines.
Please apply today if you have the skills and experience required for this role! This role closes COB Wednesday 31st January 2024.