|Posted:||7 months ago|
- Local Government Authority based in Eastern suburbs of Melbourne
- 7 month Fixed Term contract, January – August 2022
- Working 21 hours per week, flexible on days
Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager and having two direct reports, this role will advise stakeholders on best practice and oversee marketing & communications activities across the organisation. This position is part of a terrific, community-based organisation that provides services to the public across the Eastern suburbs.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert advice on developing effective marketing strategies to further develop and enhance the library’s profile in the community.
- Ensure staff activities are in line with marketing strategies particularly for events and programs.
- Explore alternative streams of funding, including donations and bequests, and develop associated documents and procedures
- Oversee external communications, including collateral and publications to ensure consistency of message and branding.
- Develop and implement communications policies and procedures as required
- Manage and maintain online communications content; including the library’s website, intranet, social media and other online communication tools.
- Review current communication tools and make recommendations to enhance, improve or introduce new methods.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrated experience within Marketing & Communications including writing speeches & media releases
- Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of marketing strategies
- Ideally, experience in supervising staff in current or previous roles
- Demonstrated understanding of working within a Local Government environment
- Ability to prioritise and deal with competing priorities
Join this truly collaborative and welcoming team. This organisation prides itself on it’s positive impact on the community with the services they offer.
- Flexibility around days of work
- Offices are in close proximity to public transport and there is parking onsite
- Well-being programs and Employee Assistance Program available
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.
Please apply now if you are immediately available and interested please APPLY now. For further information please contact Sinead on firstname.lastname@example.org