- Hybrid working but the offices are based in the city
- Partner with the business to provide strategic & operational HR advice
- This is a varied role & would suit someone who thrives in a complex unionized environment
About the Company
Charterhouse are partnering with large government body, who are looking for an experienced HR professional to assist and advise their workforce. The role will report directly to the People & Culture Manager. You will also work closely with the General Manager, supporting various facilities. You will be involved in recruitment, advising on HR issues, including ER & contracts, in addition to supporting with governance and compliance.
This varied role will suit someone who thrives in a complex environment and has experience working in a unionised environment. Be a part of a supportive team that values excellent customer service, enthusiasm, working together, and open communication. They foster a flexible work environment and embrace hybrid working.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
How will you make an impact?
- Supporting the business leader to address the people impacts of business strategies and decisions
- Deliver efficient and consistent case management (engaging with other stakeholders eg IR/Workcover to ensure an integrated approach)
- Supporting the business leader to develop organisational capability and leaders for the future
- Coach managers and build capability to enable them to have honest conversations with their people and handle employee matters with skill rather than managing the issue for them.
- Conducting workplace investigations including conducting interviews, writing reports, providing, monitoring, and implementing recommendations,
- Facilitation of key development programs designed to build people leadership capability (e.g. workplace behaviour training, performance management sessions, providing feedback sessions).
- Leading the execution of the annual people cycle of events; coaching & supporting business leaders to develop their capability through the processes
- Identifying people related trends & insights and proactively recommending solutions to improve culture, engagement, performance, retention, & employee experience
- Support business leaders implement business projects that have ER/IR implications
To be successful, you will have
- Tertiary level qualifications in human resources, industrial relations, or related discipline
- Demonstrated relevant experience, working in an operational HR role or business partner level
- Risk mitigation through effective management of complex employee cases e.g. cost and reputational risk management
- You will have ideally worked in a unionised environment, within the infrastructure / construction industry
- Professional knowledge/experience of - case management, industrial agreements & HR principles, and practices
- Ability to work alongside team members and build strong working relationships
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to develop strategies, plans, policies, and solutions
- A proactive and positive attitude towards work
Benefits & Culture
This company offer a collaborative working culture with a diverse workforce, a commitment to strong governance and compliance and the highest standards of service. They also offer a whole host of benefits, flexible working and Learning & Development opportunities.
How to Apply
If this sounds interesting or you would like to hear more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online with your CV, including a cover letter.
Please note that applicants will be required to show evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status and undergo a National Police check.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.