|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
- $65k package and based in Fortitude Valley
- Flexible working arrangements and high-profile clients
- Fast growing firm who are looking for a future business leader
About the Company
A contemporary and forward thinking mid-sized accounting firm in Fortitude Valley are looking to bring in an Intermediate Accountant to work with one of the top teams in the firm.
This role has been newly created through organic growth and new client acquisition through referrals and we are looking for someone who has long-term ambitions on being a Partner or Director. The firm have a couple of home-grown Partners who joined as graduates, so they are looking for someone with the same, lofty goals.
After being in business for over 50 years, the firm has old-school values when it comes to offering a high-touch and professional service but are thoroughly modern in their approach to how work is done. They are big champions of technology, are totally paperless and allow you to get your work done from home or the office, it’s up to you.
About the Role
You will be joining one of the most successful teams in the firm and will work directly with your clients on a day-to-day basis and be put on the path to Senior Accountant from Day 1.
Your duties in the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Prepare and lodge Tax Returns for Companies, Partnerships, Trusts and Individuals
- Monthly and quarterly BAS/IAS
- FBT, GST and Payroll Tax work
- Train and mentor graduates as they come into the firm
- Contribute to firm wide meeting and shout out any ideas that can improve efficiencies
It’s not critical that you have done everything on this advert, but a solid grounding in general Tax Compliance and a desire to learn and develop are.
- Enrolled in or studying CA or CPA
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experienced in preparing tax returns and financial statements
- Great interpersonal skills and be driven to be the best accountant you can be
- At least 12 months post grad experience with an Australian Accounting firm
Culture & Benefits
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Cloud based software
- Fully funded CA training and study support
- Working from home and flexi hour options
- Discounted Financial and Legal advice through their professional networks
- Free tea, coffee and snacks
- Quarterly team building events: BBQ’s, nights out and seasonal parties such as Melbourne Cup and EOFY Party
- Big focus on health and wellbeing including team gym sessions
- Free leave over Christmas
If you have the skills and experience for this role, please click APPLY or send your CV to email@example.com ASAP.