Charterhouse are partnering with Yarra Trams on a pivotal role. Yarra Trams are proudly operated by Keolis Downer, and are one of the largest private multi-modal transport operators in Australia. In Victoria, they operate the world’s largest operational tram network, completing over 200 million trips annually and providing passengers with world-class safe, reliable and people focused transport services.
This large iconic Melbourne brand have a unique opportunity for a skilled Enterprise Risk Manager, to lead the department, with a dotted line to 7 coordinators across various functions. You will take significant ownership for supporting the Enterprise Risk Management framework in terms of uplifting existing practices, oversight and accountability. If you are looking to take the next step in your career into a fast-paced, dynamic environment then look no further.
- Design & implement the ERM Manual and lead the application across the business
- Facilitate enterprise risk management knowledge & best practice sharing across the business
- Delivery of enterprise risk management training and advise managers in the use and compliance with the required risk procedures and processes
- Monitor the performance of enterprise risk management and all associated reporting
- Independently review risk registers to ensure currency and consistency across the organisation and perform internal audits
- Oversee and manage the insurance policy portfolio including acting as key contact to insurance broking agencies
- Co-ordinate where required the successful lodgement of large insurance claims
- Facilitate risk workshops
- Ensure all Finance, Commercial & Legal risks are correctly captured and perform regular reviews of data quality
- Act as a formal point of contact for external stakeholders regarding insurance matters
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Ideally you will be an Enterprise Risk subject Matter expert
- Technical Qualifications in Finance, Infrastructure or equivalent
- A formal postgraduate Risk Qualification will be highly regarded
- Lead Auditing experience is essential
- Knowledge and experience in a dynamic, operational environment
- 10+ years’ experience in risk management in capital intensive / infrastructure businesses
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance policies, franchise provisions & corruption compliance procedures and standards
- The ability to lead teams successful and drive performance
- A proactive and positive attitude towards work and the ability to problem solve
- Excellence written and verbal communication skills.
Yarra Trams offer a collaborative working culture with a diverse workforce, a commitment to equity and a flexible environment. Safety and zero harm are at the heart of their values. They also offer a whole host of benefits including free public transport, numerous Learning & Development opportunities and discounts across brands in Melbourne.
If this sounds interesting or you would like to hear more, please contact Alice at or simply apply online with your CV, including a cover letter.
Please note that applicants will be required to show evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status, undergo a National Police check and employment medical.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.